This article is to help those who want to play online bingo in the State of Arizona. The information is about the rules and regulations that are to be followed. If at any point it is found inconsistent or something has been omitted due to oversight, then the Arizona Revised Statutes and/or the Arizona Administrative Code will be over-riding over the information given below.
arizona online bingo
How a game of Bingo is to be conducted:
1. The maximum prize money cannot be more than $1000 for any single game of bingo.
2. Except in the case when a Special Bonus Game is conducted, the maximum prize money cannot be more than $3000 for a single session of more than one bingo game.
3. Any incentive given cannot be more than $250 during a single session of bingo.
4. If any player asks for a copy of the bingo rules and regulations then he is to be provided with a copy.
5. While the bingo session is going on, a qualified supervisor should be present all through.
6. It is to be seen that all equipment for conducting the game are working without any problems.
7. It has to be ensured by the Licensees in the presence of one or more bingo players that the receptacle contains all the bingo balls and they do not have any defects.
8. Players take the cards to the playing area only after paying for them.
9. Cards can neither be reserved for any player nor can any player reserve them for someone.
10. Bingo cards cannot be duplicated.
11. The amount of prize money and the winning pattern have to be declared before the game is started.
12. The ball which is to be called next has to be secured in case the machine has been turned off.
13. A player who is not the winner has to be called upon to verify the winning card in that game.
14. There can be only one winning pattern which can be verified for any one bingo game.
15. Each game is closed officially only when the caller calls out.
16. Checks can be signed only by the supervisor or any of the officers of the organization.
17. Enough quantity of money has to be maintained by the Licensee in his account so that all the checks which are being signed can be covered.
18. When cash is awarded to the winners, they have to sign the receipts for the cash.
19. Only Class A Licensees and not any of those conducting the session, can take part in game of bingo when the session is in progress.
20. The age of each player has to be at least 18 years and above.
21. Except the state lottery, no other lottery or raffle can be conducted within twelve hours prior to or after the end of a bingo session as per law.
22. All records related to the cards sold to and the money received from the players has to be maintained by the Licensees.
1. During a bingo session, the license for conducting the bingo and any amendments to the license, have to be displayed prominently on the notice board.
2. The license for any Special Bonus Game, if conducted, has to be displayed also so that it can be seen by everybody during the bingo session.
3. Before any bingo cards can be sold, all information regarding fees for admission, the cost of services and incentives being offered and the cost of the bingo cards have to be clearly displayed.
4. The exact amount of each prize has to be displayed on the notice board. Exact information regarding “Split-the-pot” or “Winner-take-all” prizes have also to be displayed. A statement saying that the prize money will be equally divided between all the verified winners in the event of multiple winners, has also to be put up on the notice board.
5. There should also be a notice saying that the booklet describing all the bingo rules and regulations is available for reference on request.
Limitations on Prize money
1. For any Licensee, except for a Class B or a Class C Licensee who has a Special Bonus Game License, the prize money for a single game of bingo is limited to a maximum of $1000.
2. For a session of more than one game of bingo, $3000 is the maximum limit for the prize money which a Licensee can offer, except for a Class B or a Class C Licensee who has a Special Bonus Game License.
3. To get a Special Bonus Game license, a Class B or a Class C Licensee has to apply for it. A Special Bonus Game is a game held on two consecutive days of a week with a prize money limited to a maximum $12,000 in a quarter.
4. Payments are to be made in the form of checks for any prize money which equals to or exceeds $150.
5. The winner(s) have to sign receipts for any prize money which is less than $150.
6. Prizes awarded for bingo cannot include alcoholic beverages.
7. Prize money won by multiple winners have to be equally divided amongst all winners. The Licensee is allowed to round off any fraction of the equally divided money to the next highest dollar.
8. In case the prize is not cash but some other merchandise which cannot be equally divided amongst the winners, then the Licensee has to give away substitute merchandise, whose total value is equal to the value of the original merchandise, to all the winners.
9. Conversion or redemption of prizes given in the form of merchandise into cash is not permissible in bingo.
10. The selection of the minimum prize is at the discretion of the Licensee.
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.