We all love playing Bingo but did you know that it originated in Italy during the 16th century? Yes, it really has been going a long time.
Here at CyberBingo we love Bingo trivia, here are a few more interesting facts that you may or may not know.
- Bingo is played by millions of people all around the world, but it’s not just for the older generation, about 30% of bingo players are under the age of 35.
- An estimated 96% of all bingo players have won some money while playing bingo. Try to remember that the next time the caller forgets to call your numbers.
- The original name for Bingo was “Beano” due to players marking off their cards with beans. Thank goodness for online gaming, the beans can now be eaten.
- We all have our lucky charms but it seems cats win out as the number one pet of bingo players.
- Bingo is played by both sexes but the ladies still have the edge with approximately 80% of online bingo players being women.
- There are approximately 552,446,474,061,128,648,601,600,000. different bingo card combinations. That’s five hundred and fifty-two septillion, four hundred and forty-six sextillion, four hundred and seventy-four quintillion, sixty-one quadrillion, one hundred and twenty-eight trillion, six hundred and forty-eight billion, six hundred and one million, six hundred thousand
- Strangely enough purple is the apparent favourite colour for bingo players. A purple coloured dauber seems to be the must have accessory these days.
- Despite what some people might think, bingo is good for you. Bingo improves concentration, memory and observation skills. It is used in many professions from schooling to rehabilitation for many medical conditions