What if you get the full bingo card pattern? A simple, loud “Bingo!” is the customary way to make caller notice you. Once you notify the caller, an assistant, who is sometimes called a floor walker, will verify your win. Once your bingo game numbers are verified by the computer, your winning bingo card will be posted all throughout the night for other players to check. This is needed to keep the things transparent.
If two players win a bingo game on the same declared number, the jackpot is equally divided into two. Same thing when three people win together. The prize is also divided into three.
- Bingo halls may vary when it comes to rules. What you have to do is just read and observe the rules carefully before you start the game.
- Never, ever cheat. Alteration of a card is worthless and you can’t fool anybody. Be a good example to every player. Play safe by being honest. Below are some common rules you may encounter:
- In most halls, players must be 18 years of age or older.
- Not every bingo hall permits alcoholic beverages although there are some who sells them and even soda drinks. Certain establishments may expect you to buy foods only within their area.
- During special high-stakes games, players should not frequently enter and leave the room.
- Reservation of specific cards is not allowed.
- While playing, other people who are not part of the game should not stay inside to watch. Seats are exclusive only for people who have their buy-in. Some halls even require attendance tickets for the players.
- If a player wins, he or she should notify the caller by shouting a loud “bingo!” to temporarily stop the game before the next number is announced. Bingo should be claimed right after most-recent number is called. If the caller already announced the next ball, then it’s too late to call for you to call “bingo”. When a caller closes the game and drops the balls for the next game, any missed bingos becomes invalid.
- One practical reminder: Bring a photo ID in case you hit the big one. For large jackpots, players should produce a Social Security card which they would fill out to state their earnings and tax.
- In addition, the hall has the right to announce the identity of the winners and the winning numbers.
- Most bingo players are cordial and they are more than happy to converse with you should you have any bingo problem. Always observe friendly manners to them.
- Avoid stepping on any toes as you make your way through the bingo hall.
- Pipe down instantly as soon as the caller gets down to business.
- Choose a lucky seat.
- Don’t serve as a parrot. Never announce numbers in repetition as you are just be distracting other players.
- If you bring your kids along with you, make sure to involve them in certain activities to keep them quiet. This is to avoid distracting other players.
- Whatever the game leads you, never ever let your frustrations annoy anybody around the hall. If you have any concern, the bingo manager is always there to listen and assist you.
- Double check your numbers before you call bingo.
- If you smoke, you can do it in a designated area.
- For the first-timers and seasonal players, just follow the playing tips the players mention in the next section.
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.