The fun and excitement derived from all gambling games, except poker, is the main attraction while making some money by winning the game is just an extra on the side. It does not mean that a player would have a good time by losing a game of bingo. A player should always try to win when he plays. Following are ten best hints which can be useful to win in a online game of bingo:
1. Sometimes there may be 10 players or even less playing on an online bingo site. At other times there may be more than 300 players. A player should choose those games which have less number of players as the possibility of winning becomes remote with a large number of players. Though the prize money lessens with less number of players, the possibility of winning at regular intervals is more in these rooms.
2. All new players should become familiar with the different aspects of the bingo game before expecting to win big amounts. The new players should play in tournaments and free games on online bingo sites, discuss the game with others, let others know what they had learnt and follow hints on playing methods acquired from friends in the chat rooms.
3. Out of the total number of balls used during a bingo game, sometimes a few balls are used to give bonus points or extra tickets to the player. Unfortunately, these bonuses are specially offered only by some online bingo sites and not all.
4. A player should buy tickets in the range of $0.25 to $0.50 to win more money. But care should be taken regarding which tickets to buy because losing in the bingo game after buying costlier ticket means more money lost.
5. Playing on new online bingo sites is risky because a player may lose more money than what he is able to win. To avoid this happening, an online bingo player should go through the reviews about the site and choose only those online bingo sites which have good reputations.
6. Normally the chances of winning frequently become more with larger number of cards bought for a single bingo game. Since a player needs to keep track of all the cards he has bought and to prevent spending too much too quickly, it is advisable to buy approximately half the number of tickets being offered or whatever number is affordable for a single game of bingo.
7. While playing a game of bingo, players sometimes go through both winning and losing streaks. If a player finds himself in a losing streak, then it is advisable that the player cuts his losses and leaves the game to come back later and join the game again.
8. All online bingo sites offer the auto-dab facility which automatically marks the card even if the player is away or the connection is lost. If this feature is switched off to give the game a real-life feeling for fun, then a player would have to manually keep track of the numbers being called, and to do this, quiet surroundings is a must.
9. By keeping himself updated through reviews and e-mails, a player can have fun and win extra cash by playing in free games offered by online bingo sites during certain time frames.
10. Some online bingo sites offer promotional offers by allowing the player to take part midway in a bingo game which is already in progress. This is advantageous to those players who do not have a ticket comprising the numbers being called. But this offer is not available on most of the online bingo sites.
Gamble Aware (www.gambleaware.co.uk) is managed by the Responsibility in Gambling Trust, an independent charity which funds treatment, research and education about responsible gambling. The website has been developed by a Task Force made up of representatives from the Gambling Commission, DCMS, academia and industry.